Classes for Adults, Teens, and Tweens (ages 7 – 12)
Classes are available in Manhattan. Classes conducted in other areas are subject to a transportation charge. There is a 48-hour rescheduling requirement. Payment is due at the completion of each class. We are flexible and can accommodate almost any schedule.
These hands-on classes are designed for one to four people. We are happy to teach a single lesson or a series of classes. Each session is customized to meet your particular needs.
- Instructors meet with you prior to the first class to view the working space, existing equipment, and pantry before beginning to plan a menu for the first session.
- We do the shopping to ensure economical, high-quality products and accuracy.
- The menus include three to four dishes that all participants will assist in creating.
- The classes last between 2½ to 3 hours; then you and your family or guests may enjoy your home cooking.
- We provide copies of each recipe and conduct general clean-up.
- Classes for teens and tweens will be team-taught with two instructors to ensure safety and timeliness.
Cost: 1–2 students $300.00 per class plus the cost of groceries. Each additional participant is $75.00 extra per class.
Themed Cooking Parties or Lessons
Gather a group of friends and travel to a distant land by preparing dishes from that country’s cuisine such as A Night In Morocco. Or pick a theme such as Tapas, Valentine’s Day, Holiday-Inspired Brunch, Greenmarket Finds, Tailgate Party – it’s your party, you decide.
Savor a hands-on cooking class with your friends and learn about the ingredients, the history of the cuisine, and how to prepare three to four dishes supervised by two visiting cooking instructors.
You provide the space and the beverages and we provide the groceries, recipes, and guidance to prepare the meal as well as general clean-up. The menu will include three to four dishes. Cooking instruction and preparation time is about 2½ hours and then everyone enjoys the meal.
Cost: $125.00 per person per class, minimum 4 participants and maximum 8.
For an unusual, fun, and memorable celebration, throw a hands-on cooking party. Have your teens or tweens and their friends create an age-appropriate meal that they can enjoy together, both in the preparation and the eating. You provide the space and the beverages and we provide the groceries, recipes, two instructors and general clean-up. The menu will include two to three dishes. Cooking time and preparation is about 2 hours.
Cost: $100.00 per person, minimum 4 participants and maximum 8.
This three-part class will turn kitchen qualms into culinary delight. The sessions focus on techniques and you will finish with a fearless attitude about preparing meals for yourself, family, and friends. Each class is about 2½ hours and includes three recipes that will be prepared and enjoyed during the session.
- Stocking the Pantry
- Basic Equipment Checklist
- Food Safety and Storage Tips
- Basic Knife Skills
- Recipe Reading and Preparation
- Egg Fundamentals
- Buying Fish and Meat
- Making Sauces
- Buying and Preparing Shellfish
- Making Stocks, Risotto and Soups
Cost: 1–2 participants $375.00 per class. Each additional participant is $100.00 extra per class.